The last week of December is a great time for me to reflect on 2016. Every year there are ups and downs in life and because I want to be positive in my life, I want to share my top 10 of what I loved most in 2016!
These are not in any particular order….
1. Sunday Society – This group is mentored by April Bowels-Olin. It’s an amazing place for female entrepreneurs to interact with each other. I plan to write about this in more detail later, but for now you can read the awesomeness here.
2. The Arcanum – I have had an amazing time with my apprentices! Some have graduated and now are part of our Alumni group. I absolutely love working with creatives who want to push their work further. You can join me here if you’re interested.
3. My twin grandsons being born – Ashley had Luke and Liam on February 4th. Our blessings for the year!
4. New YouTub videos – I’ve stepped out of the box and now make videos once a week on YouTube. I’m actually in front of the camera. 😉 I love to talk shop, so for me this is a great place to share what I love…macro is the main focus, but I’ll talk about anything I think is fun!
5. Our first calendar – It was so exciting to make our first calendar. Ashley did an amazing job designing it. I LOVE it! It’s on Sale until Monday, January 2nd 12a pacific, so hurry we have a few left. Check it out here.
7. Meeting photographer lovers – I had a great time going to our local High School to talk about photography. It was so much fun meeting so many young future photographers.
8. Business becoming an LLC – Moving forward in our business is important. I live and breathe Sullivan J Photography. It’s nice to now have the business as an LLC!
9. Offering one hour critiques – I just started to offer one hour critiques for those of you who don’t have the time for The Arcanum. Another thing I LOVE is to chat with other photographers and help them with a professional critique.
10. Road trips: Kevin and I love to road trip! I love to hike and road trip to deserts throughout Southern California. This year we had a blast driving from my Southern California home to Lake Tahoe! First time in Lake Tahoe…wow I have to go back!
We will start our 2017 with a road trip to Utah! I’m so excited to photograph Utah. It’s been on my bucket lists for years. I’d like to know your loves of 2016! Hope you all have a Happy New Year and I wish you all the best for your 2017 during your ups and downs in the year to come.
Cheers! From my glass to yours!