We all go through those horrible creative slumps. I’ve had a couple of people ask me how I get rid of those damn creative blocks, so I figured I’d give my tips to help you.
It’s a frustrating time for us creative people and I hope that if you have a creative block, you remember this post. The video below is a bit longer than most of mine, but I feel it will really help you so I don’t want to break it up. You can go to the end if you just want to hear the 10 tips and below I have them in bullet points. With that said, I think the video is really good because I go into a lot of detail.
Your 10 tips:
- 1. Grab ideas
- 2. Do some research – grab your research PDF for free here.
- 3. Monthly challenge
- 4. Understand composition & break it
- 5. Join a membership group
- 6. Try new lenses
- 7. When creativity hits you, write it down on a notepad or your phone
- 8. Most of your work won’t be seen.
- 9. Don’t be a “compareslogger”
- 10. Take a break
Doing a search on the internet to grab some post-processing ideas gave me the idea of processing this from art I’ve seen.
Found this place from a fellow photographer friend.
I really hope these help you as much as they help me. It’s a great feeling when the creative wheels are spinning.
When you have those creative slumps what do you do to get out of them? Let us know below.